The OpenStack platform is the most popular open source cloud software developed and supported by the world's largest technology companies and organizations. From now on, EuroLinux can also be launched on this platform.
OpenStack is a platform for building cloud infrastructure that allows virtualization of hardware resources such as servers, storage and networking. The platform is designed to provide a flexible and scalable infrastructure that can support a variety of applications and workloads. OpenStack is developed by Rackspace Cloud and NASA, and backed by major technology giants such as Intel, Cisco and IBM.
OpenStack stands out from other commercial cloud platforms primarily because it is an open source project. As a result, users have full control over the platform and can customize it according to their needs. Furthermore, OpenStack allows integration with various other solutions.
It's worth noting that OpenStack is not in direct competition with platforms such as AWS or Azure, as those focus primarily on offering ready-made cloud services. OpenStack, on the other hand, focuses on building and managing an infrastructure.
Create your own instance of EuroLinux on the OpenStack platform
To create a EuroLinux instance on the OpenStack platform, you need to:
- Download one of the available versions of EuroLinux in qcow2 or raw format: https://fbi.cdn.euro-linux.com/images/.
- Log in to the OpenStack dashboard.
- Click Create Image in the Compute -> Images section.
- Fill in all the necessary information about the image to be created and upload it to OpenStack.
- Click Launch Instance in the Compute -> Instances section.
- Fill in all the necessary information about the instance to be created and make sure that a key pair is selected for it.
- Log in to the root account, using the command
ssh root@<machine_ip> -i key-file.pem.
With EuroLinux 9, the
without-password option is enabled by default for root. This means that you can only log in to the instance via ssh key pair.