EuroSSO is a single sign-on tool that enables authorization in multiple applications with a single pair of login keys. This means centralising identity management (from the user's point of view) and centralising the management of account access and permissions (from the administrator's point of view).
Single Sign-On is often recommended in organisations with high security standards (or where uniform security policy has been implemented). It increases the level of security e.g. by bypassing weaknesses in the authorisation of individual applications, reducing the risk of phishing or reducing to a minimum troublesome regular password change. Seamlessly organises the management and permissions of large number of user accounts, with possible frequent rotation, and simplifies the management of multiple applications and access levels.
Single Sign-On primarily facilitates authentication, but it also serves to meet security standards for logging off at the end of a session. Simply log out of one app once to end the session in all places and applications integrated with SSO.
Single authorisation can also be used for workstation authentication. If users log in using the Kerberos protocol (LDAP or Active Directory), they can automatically log in to Single Sign-On, which also means logging in all integrated applications. The benefits of SSO can also be seen when registering new user accounts. Single Sign-On offers a friendly administrative interface, in which it is enough to enter the user once so that he can use all the applications assigned to that particular user. In this way, user management becomes enjoyable and does not require additional time beyond what is necessary to perform in a single central panel.
EuroSSO is a part of the EuroAP application server and is compliant with KeyCloak™. Authentication is based on popular standards, which are currently SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, and OAuth 2.0. EuroSSO can work just as well inside your organisation, in directory services, or as an external identity provider. Installation of EuroSSO is analogous to the installation of EuroAP application server. The only additional step is to connect the data sources to the SSO.
Benefits of implementing Single Sign-On for the organisation
- facilitates the implementation and supervision of security policy
- increases the level of security
- makes it easy to deploy 2-Factor Authentication across your organisation
- enables centralisation and facilitates the management of user accounts and their permissions
- helps to maintain safety procedures after the end of cooperation with the user
- improves the performance of analyses related to user activity
- it essentially saves up administrators' time.
Single Sign-On Benefits for the User
- reduces the number of passwords to remember to a single pair of keys
- saves time related to logging in and logging out of individual applications
- reduces the number of authorisation issues
- facilitates user profile management (centralisation)
- improves the implementation of security procedures (the need to change passwords, log off, etc.)
- eliminates the waiting time for the administrator's reaction when introducing new people to the organisation.
Runs as a stand-alone identity provider based on SAML or OpenID Connect.
It is compliant with LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory servers which are sources of information about users.
Integrates with third-party identity providers, including leading social networks.
REST API and Administrative Graphical User Interface
Allows you to configure user federation, role mapping, and client applications with easy-to-use administrative GUI and REST APIs.
EuroSSO administrative interface
EuroSSO has a web-based administration interface for centralised management related to authentication. It allows you to easily define authorisation rules, manage users, their access levels (roles) and sessions. Makes it possible to enable or disable individual features and to configure services and applications.
EuroSSO also has an intuitive interface designed for end users. It allows you to update user data, change password, change login settings (e.g. multi-factor authentication). You can also manage sessions and view your account history.
EuroSSO supports connections to LDAP or Active Directory servers as standard. It is also possible to implement your own provider.
EuroSSO comes with its custom adapters for quick integration with popular platforms, e.g. EuroAP, JBoss®, Fuse®, or Node.js®.