The central component of EuroDB is the proven PostgreSQL database engine. Our product includes all the available modules as standard. The modules expand the capabilities, improving the management, analysis and security of the database. The entire product benefits from available personalised phone, e-mail and Internet technical support.
EuroDB consists of the following modules:
- PostgreSQL engine in 13.3, 12.3, 11.8, 10.13 or 9.6 versions
- Log analysis module
- Collection and analysis of statistics module
- Database design and modelling module
- Logical replication module
- Backup and recovery module
- Data generation module
- Data migration module.
All EuroDB elements are described in detail within dedicated tabs. EuroDB modules significantly expand the capabilities of the engine beyond those available in standard PostgreSQL. The integrity of the system is ensured through an installer enabling the installation and usage of individual modules. Any modules can be installed throughout the subscription of the product.
EuroDB has been designed to support the most demanding applications.
Maximum technical parameters of EuroDB:
|Database size||No limit|
|Rows per table||No limit|
|Columns per table||250 – 1600 (depending on type)|
|Indices per table||No limit|
To see more parameters, go to page EuroDB vs PostgreSQL
The heart of EuroDB is the PostgreSQL database engine. It has been developed via the Open Source methodology for more than 25 years. This refined product supports all common data types and provides support for storing large binary objects such as photos, music or videos. It also offers support for data types from NoSQL databases (JSON HSTORE). It has programming interfaces for many languages, including C/C++, Java™, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ODBC. PostgreSQL also includes excellent documentation that streamlines the process of system and application development.
The system supports such mechanisms as:
- Multiversion concurrency control
- Point-in-time recovery
- Table partitioning
- Nested transactions
- Various backup methods
- Advanced query planner to quickly diagnose performance issues
- Acceleration of query execution by JIT compilation
- Write-ahead log
- International encoding sets
- Multibyte character strings (mbstring)
The advantages of the engine used by EuroDB include:
- Data integrity protection mechanisms such as: compound primary keys, foreign keys, cascading updates and deletes, checking constraints, uniqueness constraints, non-empty field constraints
- Support for retrieving partial results using the available index types
- GiST indexing system that provides access to a wide range of sorting and searching mechanisms. The GiST extensions such as OpenFTS, which allows full text search and PostGIS, the database for geographical systems, make it versatile
- Support for partitioning which significantly accelerates queries when tables contain very large data sets
- Table inheritance making it possible to treat existing tables as base classes, allowing developers to use mechanisms known from object oriented programming languages
- Rule sets allowing transformations of query types into different ones according to established rules
- Support for efficient handling of JSON data with JSONB type and dedicated functions
- Event-handling system that allows communication between clients (peer to peer) and client notifications of changes in the table.