EuroLinux Desktop 9.1 is one of the few Enterprise Linux systems that offers a Live installation image (Live ISO). From now on, you can test a fully functional system without having to install it on your hard drive. The installation itself can be done after testing, directly from the Live ISO.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING LIVE ISO OF EUROLINUX DESKTOP
1. Download the ISO file.
2. Burn the downloaded ISO file to a flash drive:
- for GNU/Linux systems, we recommend using the command:
sudo dd if=path/to/ELD-9-x86_64-latest-eld-live.iso of=/dev/sdX
/dev/sdX represents the flash drive on which you want to burn the ISO image. Choose wisely so as not to overwrite the system disk.
$ lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 1 8G 0 disk └─sda1 8:1 1 8G 0 part nvme0n1 259:0 0 477G 0 disk ├─nvme0n1p1 259:1 0 600M 0 part /boot/efi [...]
/dev/sda, as the size matches the size of our flash drive.
- For Windows® or Mac® systems, we recommend using the balenaEtcher software.
3. Connect the flash drive with the recorded system to the computer on which you want to run the Live system and boot the computer.
If the bootloader window did not appear after booting, change the boot order or disable SecureBoot in BIOS/UEFI.
4. After booting, we can test EuroLinux Desktop in Live mode.
5. If you have decided to install the system, click the icon:
6. Choose the language of the installer and the language of the system being installed:
7. we configure user data and partition for installation.
NOTE! In case you do not want to manually select a repository other than the default one, do not click the Installation Source option. Once you click it, you will need to manually configure the repository to continue the installation.
8. We can now start the installation.