EuroLinux Gaia enables self-compilation of the operating system on sources within the customer's own infrastructure. EuroLinux Gaia provides not only secure software but also the highest level of security in the software delivery process.. It also allows customization of the provided system, as well as the ability to create your own dedicated distribution. This is a solution for the customers, who not only expect a high-quality product, but one which alsomeets their internal security standards.
The name of the solution – "Gaia" – which is derived from Greek mythology and means Mother Earth.
Compiling the system within your own infrastructure – advantages
Compiling the operating system from source files in your own infrastructure provides:
- the highest possible level of confidence in the software
- total control over the manufacturing process
- elimination of vulnerabilities
- security and resilience against cyberattacks
- guarantee of the correct operation of equipment
- independence – the ability to produce dedicated software
- supply chain continuity
- intellectual property autonomy
- logistic autonomy.
Supply chain continuity
Self-compilation of software eliminates the possibility of being cut off by an external company. It also provides immunity to supply chain attacks, preventing the injection of malicious code.
Intellectual property autonomy
EuroLinux Gaia allows you to build an operating system and software components with intellectual rights security. As a result, the rights to the software belong exclusively to the entity that compiled it. There are no restrictions on its use.
Logistical autonomy is the ability to freely distribute the software and the hardware in which it is a component. The lack of restrictions on the resale and donation of software, as well as the hardware on which it is installed, allows for instant response to fluctuations in the market and geopolitical conditions.
The ability to build your own fork
EuroLinux Gaia allows rebranding of the system and extensive customization, i.e. creating your own distribution (fork) of the operating system, based on EuroLinux. This allows users to create operating systems for special applications, such as for the public sector, finance, industry, military, academic institutions and others.
What EuroLinux Gaia includes?
As part of the product, the customer receives:
- EuroLinux Gaia build system
- Batteries Repository containing packages not included in the distribution but necessary for building it
- software comparison system with test oracle
- Golden Key subscription – allowing the use of an unlimited number of EuroLinux systems
- EuroLinux Gaia's internal documentation for building the system
- direct support (On-Site, by phone, via email) of the EuroLinux build automation engineer.
The EuroLinux Gaia solution is customized to fit acustomer's individual needs and environment, especially in terms of the distribution package content and branding.
To order or discuss ordering EuroLinux Gaia, please contact us via email: sales / euro-linux.com, by phone: +48 22 243 22 33 or via the contact form below.