EuroStorage Administration – About the program
EuroStorage Administration Training was created with current and future Ceph™ cluster administrators, DevOps and developers in mind. It will allow you to gain familiarity with mature, high performance open source EuroStorage (Ceph™) technology. It will also give insight into the broader context of issues in mass storage and integration of Ceph™ clusters with different solutions.
Participants in the program will gain knowledge in the following areas, among others:
- independent Ceph™ cluster installation
- Ceph™ cluster administration
- simple tuning of Ceph™, the system and kernel parameters
- integration of a Ceph™ cluster with OpenStack™ and Kubernetes™.
Apart from the essential theoretical foundations that EuroStorage (Ceph™) technology is based on, the training program will include many practical examples of cluster applications. A detailed plan of the training program is presented below.
Who is it for?
- Future mass storage administrators, especially of systems based on the EuroStorage (Ceph™) project
- EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster administrators who want to consolidate and expand their knowledge
- OpenStack™ administrators using EuroStorage (Ceph™) as mass storage
- DevOps who plan to participate in the creation of solutions and projects based on EuroStorage (Ceph™) and who want to understand it not just from the developer’s side but also from the administrator’s side.
What we expect from participants
- Knowledge of Linux systems at (Enterprise Linux Administration I) and (Enterprise Linux Administration II) level
- Experience in administering SAN solutions may facilitate the learning process but is not required
- Experience in the areas of OpenStack™ and Kubernetes™ is not required.
- Introduction to mass storage
- Introduction to network mass storage
- Introduction to EuroStorage (Ceph™)
- EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster architecture
- Installing a EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster using ceph-deploy
- Installing a EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster using Ansible™ and BlueStore
- Basic cluster configuration
- Configuring and using CephFS
- Configuring and using RBD (Rados Block Device)
- RBD mirroring
- Cluster integration with OpenStack™ Cinder
- Creating and configuring object storage with RGW (Rados Gateway)
- EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster integration with OpenStack™ Glance and programs using the Amazon™ S3 interface
- CRUSH map configuration
- OSD map management
- PG (Placement Groups) management
- EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster troubleshooting
- Testing cluster performance and accessing performance monitoring in Linux
- Fine-tuning of clusters and the Linux system
- Integrating a EuroStorage (Ceph™) cluster with Kubernetes™.